Personal Injury Lawyers in Glen Burnie, Columbia, Annapolis & Anne Arundel County
If you have been hurt in an accident due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you should not be forced to carry the resulting financial burden of medical bills and other losses. Unfortunately, the at-fault party’s insurance company is unlikely to simply offer you a fair settlement.
For years, the compassionate and skilled Maryland personal injury lawyers of Jimeno & Gray, P.A., have been securing full and fair compensation for victims of serious accidents. You can trust our team to:
- Investigate your accident and gather strong evidence to support your right to compensation
- Document all of your accident-related losses (including anticipated losses in the future) to determine the full amount of compensation you deserve
- Manage all communication with insurance companies on your behalf, including filing all claims
- Negotiate aggressively in seeking a full and fair personal injury settlement
- Pursue a personal injury lawsuit if the insurance company refuses to offer a proper settlement
Don’t try to go to battle against a deep-pocketed insurance company on your own. Our Maryland personal injury attorneys are dedicated to protecting the rights of accident victims. We understand what you are going through, and we want to help.
We Handle All Types of Personal Injury Claims
At Jimeno & Gray, our talented Maryland personal injury lawyers have extensive experience handling a wide variety of accident claims. Our attorneys are former prosecutors who know how to investigate and litigate the toughest cases, and we won’t back down from a battle with the insurance company.
Although every case we handle is unique in many ways, some of the common types of personal injury claims we pursue involve:
- Car Accidents: Drivers who engage in distracted driving, drunk driving, fatigued driving, speeding, and other recklessness can be held accountable for injuries they cause. Insurance adjustors know what they want to pay for car accident claims without ever meeting the accident victim. Our dedicated car accident attorneys will calculate and demand full payment for all of your losses.
- Truck Accidents: After a serious crash, our truck accident attorneys will investigate the truck driver, the trucking company, and additional parties that may be held responsible for the wreck. Truck accident cases require knowledge of the trucking industry and federal regulations that govern it, as well as the resources to fight large corporations.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists who are hit by motor vehicles often suffer serious injuries, even when wearing a helmet and other protective gear. Our dedicated motorcycle accident lawyers hold drivers accountable when they neglect their obligation to watch for motorcycles and safely share the roads.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents: Drivers in Maryland are required by law to yield to pedestrians and bicyclists. Our skilled accident attorneys will identify every possible source of compensation after a bicycle or pedestrian accident. We also investigate hit-and-run crashes and help families pursue wrongful death claims if they lost a loved one in a crash.
- Medical Malpractice: When a patient is harmed or dies while under medical care, it is crucial that an independent investigation of the incident take place. Our medical malpractice attorneys aggressively investigate cases of medication errors, surgical errors, delayed diagnosis, and other preventable medical errors and negligence.
- Workers’ Compensation: The Maryland workers’ compensation system is a no-fault insurance program that covers workers who are injured or become ill while on the job. You should not have to fight for workers’ comp benefits, but many employers and insurers dispute or deny valid clams.
After a serious accident, injured victims often find themselves being hurt again by the callousness of profit-driven insurance companies. Unfortunately, insurers will focus on their bottom line when determining how little they can pay or whether they can flat-out deny a claim.
Without professional legal representation, seriously injured accident victims risk getting a lowball settlement on a high-value claim. Do not agree to anything or sign any paperwork from an insurance company without talking to our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys about your claim. Schedule a free consultation today.
Compensation in a Personal Injury Claim
Maryland law outlines the types of compensation (known as “damages”) an injured person may obtain through a personal injury lawsuit.
A personal injury claim may seek economic damages, which is payment for quantifiable costs and losses. These include:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages (past and future, including any kind of pension loss)
- Property damage, such as to a car or bicycle
A claim may also seek noneconomic damages, which is payment for:
- Physical impairment
- Loss of consortium
- Other non-pecuniary (non-financial) injury
In many cases, our skilled attorneys are able to settle a claim outside of court through aggressive negotiations with insurers. However, our legal team is always ready and willing to present a strong case in court when an insurer cannot be persuaded to do the right thing.
Contact Our Maryland Personal Injury Lawyers Today
A serious injury suffered in an accident can change your life forever. Nothing can undo what has happened, but proper compensation can make you financially whole.
Contact the respected personal injury lawyers of Jimeno & Gray, P.A., now. Developing a solid personal injury claim can be time-consuming, and Maryland imposes a three-year statute of limitations on most personal injury lawsuits, after which you cannot take legal action.
Schedule a free consultation to discuss your accident and injuries. Our law firm handles injury claims on a contingency-fee basis, which means we only charge attorney fees if and when we recover compensation for you. Contact us online or call us today.