Frequently Asked Questions to Our Lawyers
Answers to Your Questions from our Lawyers
When you are faced with a serious legal issue — whether you have been charged with a crime or suffered injuries in an accident — you need an experienced Anne Arundel lawyer to help answer your questions and explain your next steps. As former prosecutors, the attorneys at Jimeno & Gray, P.A., have extensive knowledge about how both sides of the law work, and we put that experience to use in our aggressive and resourceful representation of our clients.
We hope the following resources provide you with answers to some of your initial legal questions. When you are ready to take the next step in your case, call or fill out our online form to schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.
Being arrested and charged with a DUI or DWI can be frightening and stressful, and a conviction can haunt you for the rest of your life. Some of the common questions our clients have after a DUI or DWI arrest are:
- What is the difference between a DUI and DWI in Maryland?
- What can I do if I wasn’t drinking but was charged with a DUI?
- What if I refused a breathalyzer or a field sobriety test?
- How will a DUI or DWI affect my license and insurance?
- What should I do if I receive a DUI outside of Maryland?
- What if I am from out of state and receive a DUI in Maryland?
- What are the penalties for a second, third, or fourth DUI in Maryland?
- Why do I need an attorney for a Maryland DUI?
- How can I get my driver’s license reinstated after a DUI in Maryland?
- Can I get my Maryland DWI/DUI case dismissed?
- Is probation before judgment in my best interest?
If you are facing assault charges or need protection from an abuser, you should call on the experienced former prosecutors at Jimeno & Gray, P.A., to provide you with insightful and effective legal guidance. Some of the questions we most frequently answer about assault cases are:
- How should I prepare for my court appearance on assault charges?
- What is considered to be domestic assault in Maryland?
- Can a Maryland restraining order make an abuser move out of my home?
- If I am a victim of domestic violence, what should I do if the abuser violates my protective order?
If you are on probation, you probably already know there are a lot of rules you need to follow. Some questions about probation violation you may have include:
- Will I go to jail if I violate my probation?
- Can my probation officer let me off with a warning?
- Will the conditions of my probation change if I am found in violation?
- How can an attorney help me if I am accused of violating my probation in Maryland?
A Maryland car accident can leave you with severe injuries, a pile of medical bills, and a lot of questions about what to do next. Some of the questions our Anne Arundel car accident lawyers frequently answer are:
- What can I do to collect evidence in my car accident?
- What types of compensation am I entitled to after a car accident?
- What should I tell my insurance company after a car accident?
- What is contributory negligence in Maryland?
- What if a drunk driver caused my Maryland car crash?
- What should I do if I was involved in a hit-and- run?
- Do I have a certain amount of time to file a claim after a Maryland car accident?
- How can a lawyer help me with my Maryland car accident case?
Accidents involving pedestrians and bicycles cause some of the most severe injuries, as even the smallest car outweighs a person by a lot. When helping clients who have been involved in a Maryland pedestrian or bicycle accident, some of the common questions we hear are:
- What should I do immediately after a pedestrian or bicycle accident?
- Even if I don’t feel injured, should I still go to the hospital?
- How can an attorney help me after a Maryland pedestrian or bicycle accident?
Unfortunately, not every driver in Maryland is careful to watch for motorcyclists, and the consequences could be severe. Some of the common questions we answer about Maryland motorcycle accidents are:
- What types of injuries are common after a motorcycle accident?
- What should I say to the insurance company after my motorcycle accident?
- What if I wasn’t wearing a helmet when I got into my Maryland motorcycle accident?
- How can a lawyer help me with my motorcycle accident case?
Divorce and other family law matters can be extremely complicated and emotionally charged. That’s why you need a compassionate and skilled Maryland family law attorney to help answer your questions and walk you through what steps you need to take. Some of the common questions our attorneys hear are:
- How much does it cost to file for divorce in Maryland?
- Are there reasons to not get a separation agreement during a divorce in Maryland?
- How long do my spouse and I need to be separated before we can get a Maryland divorce?
- How long does it take to get a divorce in Anne Arundel County if my case is contested?
- Can the court change child custody after passing an order?
Child custody arrangements are usually a sore spot between divorcing couples. Our sensitive Maryland child custody lawyers understand that this is a difficult arrangement for you, and we are here to answer any questions you may have, including:
- What are the types of child custody in Maryland?
- How does adultery affect child custody?
- What is the difference between legal and physical custody of children in Maryland?
- How can an attorney help in my Maryland child custody case?
Informed Clients Make the Strongest Cases
At Jimeno & Gray, P.A., our attorneys know that educating our clients about the law and their rights will only help make for a stronger case. We want you to feel comfortable in understanding the next steps in your case, so contact us to talk about how we can help.