Annapolis Car Accident Lawyers
Attorney Greg Jimeno once worked for a big auto insurance company. He saw adjusters go to extremes to deny or minimize injury claims – even going to a person’s hospital bed to offer a low settlement. The experience showed him that a lawyer plays an important role in the lives of car accident victims and their families.
When you work with Jimeno & Gray, P.A., you can count on our legal team to pay close attention to your unique needs, protect your rights when you deal with insurance companies and always focus on what serves your best interests. We will carefully guide you through the aftermath of your car accident, including:
- Filing an auto accident insurance claim and/or lawsuit
- Seeking a full and fair settlement of your losses
- If necessary, taking your case to trial.
We are a small law firm with an office conveniently located in Annapolis. We like it that way. Keeping a small office allows us to give every client the personal attention they deserve. To tell us about your car accident case, contact us today and receive a free consultation.
Did Someone Else’s Fault Cause Your Car Accident?
When you meet with Jimeno & Gray, we will want to know how your crash occurred. To be eligible for compensation through a settlement or judgment, you will need to establish that another party was at fault. In other words, did another driver do something that the driver should not have done? Did the driver fail to do something that a reasonable, prudent driver would have done in the same situation?
Some common types of negligence that causes car accidents in Annapolis and other areas of Maryland include:
- Failing to stop at a stop sign or red light
- Making an unsafe lane change
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Striking another vehicle from the rear
- Failing to properly use turn signals
- Turning in front of another vehicle.
Often, the underlying cause of the crash is a driver’s drunk driving (or driving while impaired by illegal or prescription drugs), distracted driving (such as talking or texting on a phone) or drowsy driving (falling asleep at the wheel or driving while impaired by fatigue). In some cases, a driver’s error may not be a factor.
At Jimeno & Gray, we will listen closely to what you recall about your accident. We will also conduct a thorough, independent investigation. As part of that car accident investigation, we will:
- Inspect the crash scene
- Study accident photos
- Interview witnesses
- Examine all other relevant evidence.
We may also hire an investigator or accident reconstruction expert to examine what happened in your crash. We believe that a solid investigation lays the groundwork for a solid claim for damages.
What Compensation Can You Recover in a Car Accident Claim?
Auto accidents in Annapolis can cause people to suffer devastating harm. Common car accident injuries include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Emotional anguish.
The amount of damages that the legal team at Jimeno & Gray pursues for you will depend on the nature and extent of your injuries and how they have affected your life. To assess your damages, we will:
- Conduct a complete evaluation of your medical records (including records of any injuries you suffered before your accident)
- Communicate with your treating physicians and request follow up or supplemental medical records
- Consult with medical experts, including life care planners who can assess your future medical needs and costs
- Review all of your work and income records
- Talk with you and your family to understand the impact of your injuries on your ability to work and enjoy life.
We will prepare a comprehensive case for damages on your behalf. We will seek maximum compensation for:
- Your past and future medical and other expenses
- Loss of past earnings and reduced ability to earn future income
- Non-economic harm, including your pain and suffering, pre-impact fright, inconvenience and loss of consortium.
Depending on the facts of your case, we may also pursue punitive damages or, if a loved one died in a crash, wrongful death damages.
How Can We Help You to Deal with Insurance Companies?
The attorneys of Jimeno & Gray know how insurance companies operate. When you file a claim for damages, insurers often will claim:
- Their insured was not at fault in the accident
- You had too much medical treatment.
- You did not have enough medical treatment
- Your doctor charged too much for your treatment
- Your injuries are not related to your accident.
We present carefully prepared cases for settlement negotiations, and we demand maximum compensation for our clients. We want insurance companies to know that, if necessary, we are ready to take a case to trial.
Our law firm resolves most car accident claims through settlements. Whether we reach a settlement for you will depend on many factors. Above all, the decision will be yours to make.
- If you accept a settlement: We will review all documents, help you to resolve any medical or workers’ compensation liens attached to your recovery and assist you in the payment of any open bills and expenses.
- If you reject a settlement: We will help you to pursue your case in court. Our attorneys are highly skilled litigators who have extensive experience with proving liability and damages at trial. (In some cases, settlement talks continue through trial and even after trial.)
At Jimeno & Gray, we believe that regular, open and honest communication with our clients is essential. You can count on us to provide a frank assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of your car accident claim as well as the benefits and drawbacks of accepting any settlement offer. We will always keep you informed about your case, return your calls and answer your questions.
What Steps Should You Take After an Annapolis Car Accident?
If you recently suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident in Annapolis, our law firm suggests that you take these steps in order to protect your right to compensation:
- Seek immediate medical treatment and follow the doctor’s orders
- Report your accident to your own insurance company
- Do not give a recorded statement or access to your medical records to the adjuster from the insurance company for the person who caused the car crash
- If possible, get a copy of your crash report by going online or by contacting the local law enforcement agency that responded to your accident such as the Annapolis Police Department
- Write your own summary of what you recall about the auto accident and how it has harmed you physically, emotionally and financially
- Refrain from talking about your case to others, including posting about the case on your social media accounts
- Do not accept a settlement offer until you have finished your medical treatment and allowed a lawyer to assess your case.
In Maryland, the general statute of limitations for a negligence case, including an automobile accident, is three years. So, you should not wait to get in touch with an experienced lawyer after a crash.
Our Annapolis Car Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
If you suffered injuries or lost a family member in a car accident in Annapolis or a nearby community, get in touch with Jimeno & Gray, P.A., without delay. We will provide an immediate, free consultation. We will protect your rights and interests when you deal with insurance companies.
Our law firm will also represent you on a contingency fee basis. So, you will not pay for our legal services unless we secure compensation for you. To learn more, call or reach us online today.